Discount The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects :>>> limited time offer!
Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3HQ9WZBQNQKY1 For anyone's who getting into 3D animation and wants to learn about the industry, this is the book for you. It's a introductory course to 3D animation, aiming at provide readers with a general overview of the ever evolving industry, as well as getting close to the action showing the actual processes involved in making in. This is the fourth edition published in 2009.
In essence, this is a textbook with the objective to inspire and inform. It does so with many examples from the real world, and if you're interested in animation, you would have probably seen many of the movies or clips these examples are based on. The book goes on to explain what goes on behind that made these films possible, the people involved, what they do (jobs), what type of software they use and the different stages of development.
This isn't a tutorial style book or a software manual. For example in 3D modeling, it introduces techniques like modeling with curves, polygon, extrusion, etc, but it doesn't actually go telling you where to click and where to find commands from menus. This book isn't tied to any particular software package. The concepts are pretty foundational and universal stuff, which can be applied easily to different areas, like software.
You won't be able to create your own animation instantly after reading this book, but you'll what it takes to create one and where to hone your technical skills.
This book is recommended for students and anyone who wants an in depth introductory course into understanding 3D animation and its industry.
The list of contents:
1. Animation, Visual Effects, and Technology in Context
2. Creative Development and the Digital Process
3. Modeling Concepts
4. Modeling Techniques
5. Advanced Modeling and Rigging Techniques
6. Rendering Concepts
7. The Camera
9. Shading and Surface Characteristics
10. Principles of Animation
11. Computer Animation Techniques
12. Advanced Computer Animation Techniques
13. Visual Effects Techniques
14. Retouching, Compositing and Color Grading
15. Image Resolution and Output
The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects Feature
- ISBN13: 9780470084908
- Condition: New
- Notes: BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects Overview
Master the art of computer animation and visual effects production with the latest edition of this cutting-edge guide
This remarkable edition of The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects offers clear, step-by-step guidelines for the entire process of creating a fully rendered 3D computer animation. With up-to-date coverage of the latest computer animation styles and techniques, this versatile guide provides insightful information for creating animations and visual effects—from creative development and preproduction to finished animation.
Designed to work with any computer platform, this Fourth Edition cuts through technical jargon and presents numerous easy-to-understand instructivediagrams. Full-color examples are presented—including VFX and animated feature movies, games, and TV commercials—by such leading companies as Blue Sky, Blur, BUF, Disney, DreamWorks, Electronic Arts, Framestore, ILM, Imagi, Microsoft, Mac Guff, The Mill, Menfond, Pixar, Polygon, Rhythm & Hues, Sony Imageworks, Tippett, Ubisoft, and Weta, and many other studios and groundbreaking independent artists from around the world.
This fully revised edition features new material on the latest visual effects techniques, a useful update of the traditional principles of animation, practical information on creative development, multiple production pipeline ideas for shorts and visual effects, plus updated information on current production trends and techniques in animation, rendering, modeling, rigging, and compositing.
Whether you are a student, an independent artist or creator, or a production company team member, The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects, Fourth Edition gives you a broad palette of tips and techniques for bringing your visions to life through 3D computer animation.
Buy The Art of 3D Computer Animation and Effects at Lowest Prices & Fast Shipping! Decide Now! :>>> limited time offer!
*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Aug 28, 2010 05:10:06
- Timing for Animation, Second Edition
- Stop Motion: Craft Skills for Model Animation, Second Edition (Focal Press Visual Effects and Animation)
- The Animator's Survival Kit--Revised Edition: A Manual of Methods, Principles and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion and Internet Animators
- Stop Staring: Facial Modeling and Animation Done Right
- Learning Autodesk Maya 2008, (Official Autodesk Training Guide, includes DVD): The Modeling & Animation Handbook